The Beeper app formerly known as nova chat is a new app that brings over 15 chat platforms into an amalgamated inbox.
It acts as a central hub (something like a Head Quarters (HQ) of other apps) and combines your chats from apps like Facebook Messenger, Signal (the app threatening to unseat WhatsApp from prominence, Twitter (Direct Messages), Telegram, WhatsApp, Instagram, and so many more.
Surprisingly and amusingly, the Beeper app also includes Apple’s iMessage to Android, Linux, as well as Windows Operating System.
The fifteen social media or chat platforms that Beeper currently supports are Android Messages; that is the beeper app can directly replace your default messaging app [SMS], Discord, Hangouts, iMessage, Instagram, IRC, Matrix, Facebook Messenger, Signal, Skype, Slack, Telegram, Twitter, and WhatsApp.
Also, according to Beeper, it is known that more social media or chat platforms will be added as time goes on. Well, this shouldn’t come as a surprise as there’s always room for an upgrade in the world of a developer.
The beeper app is created by the popular Pebble founder and Y Combinator Partner known as Eric Migicovsky.
Though this is not a new concept or approach as many other like-minded developers have tried it before, but Eric Migicovsky is revisiting this concept once more, only that this time he is doing so with an unswerving focus on centralizing access to modern-day chat applications or platforms.
LET’S TAKE A COOL LOOK AT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE NEWLY LAUNCHED BEEPER APP
CONS OF BEEPER APP
I’ll start with the cons or simply put, the disadvantages of the beeper app.
- In order to use the full power of beeper app, one has to subscribe monthly, which costs about $10 USD.
- Despite all the elaborations of the app I did above, it has just one job. Which is the unification of all your major chat platforms into one.
- One fatal disadvantage of the app is that it pays no respect to end-to-end encryption. Though this might be revisited later in the future.
As of the moment of writing this article, the website was or is devoid of any information concerning encryption.
PROS OF BEEPER APP
- Through the newly launched beeper app users can connect with 15 different messaging services, including WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Instagram and Twitter DMs, Messenger, Skype, Hangouts, as well as iMessage.
- It will undoubtedly save you a lot of phone storage space. What do I mean? The beeper app is less than 100MB at the initial download, but looking at the size of just WhatsApp, Twitter, and Instagram combined, we’d be talking about nearly half a gigabyte of phone storage consumed if not more than that.
- Another advantage of the app is that android users can now liberally have access to Apple iMessage. I think that’s really cool, or what do you think?
BEEPER APP DRAPING UP
In conclusion, after looking at all the app entails I think it’s worth the cost. Also, if you’re not too worried about the absence of end-to-end encryption then the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
If you have any suggestions or comments as regards this article by expomaster, feel free to use the comment box below. Lastly don’t forget to hit the share buttons and keep coming back for more enthralling articles here on www.expomaster.com.ng.