There are so many skill that are advisable to learn and master, but this particular one is critical for success and progress in life. Before perusing this exposing article by expomaster, first ask yourself this question; what’s one of the biggest limiting factors keeping you from getting your work done?
INABILITY TO FOCUS
Being self-employed, you have a lot more opportunity to lose focus because of the freedom you have, and because of the responsibilities you have to carry out as well.
So if any of these, it’s even much more important for you to focus, because you’re the only one who can push progress and oh! success.
The buck stops at you. If you don’t get things, you don’t bring in the dough. It’s that simple.
Time lost to distractions is a direct cost to your livelihood. So if you see it this way, you’ll know that focus becomes an absolutely essential skill to have and to keep developing.
A study from the University of California calculated that it took people an average of 25 minutes to get back to work after an interruption. So let’s ask the question; How many interruptions do you encounter each day?
At the end of the day, it comes down to some simple principles (focus):
- If you can’t focus, you can’t get things done
- If you can’t get things done, you’ll have no input towards your goals
- If you have no input towards your goals, you’ll have no output! No results.
Here’s another perspective on it:
- The longer you take to get things done, the slower your progress
- The slower your progress, the less momentum you’ll have
- The slower your progress, the more opportunities for obstacles to come along.
- This generally leads down to the same familiar path: loss of motivation, lethargy and wanting to give up.
At this stage, will you be leaning completely on your willpower to push on! You see, procrastination is not the root problem, it’s just one of the more prominent symptoms. And it’s no wonder why we all face this issue!
Life shouldn’t work like that.
Focus is a basic building block towards any success. But the ability to stay focused is not a one-size-fits-all, one-trick-pony solution.
So how can you make yourself 2, 3 or even 10 times more effective?
It’s actually simple, you’ve got to have a system that empowers you
A system that constantly generates motivation and drive so you’re always able to focus and carry out tasks efficiently to achieve every goal that you’ve set out for your business and career.